Thursday, 25 February 2016

Your Eyes - A Poem:

What if the next time our eyes meet,
you don't remember who I am?
If all our memories and moments that we have shared,
mean nothing to you.

What if the next time our eyes meet,
you don't want to be staring into mine?
You don't see oceans in my blue eyes,
and I don't see that warm, chocolate tone in yours?

What if the next time our eyes meet,
you don't embrace me
and fill me with your love once more,
or make me feel whole again?

What if the next time our eyes meet,
I don't fall in love with you over and over?
Or if you are disgraced by the sight of me?
But what if this is not so?

What if the next time our eyes meet, we kiss?
All that love, that we had once shared,
erupts to the surface, like a volcano.
And I do fall in love with you, all over again?

What if the next time our eyes meet,
the visions of us in the future,
push to the forefront of my mind.
That one day we'll be happy,
That one day we'll be together and safe.
Sitting in a little house, next to the sea.

What if the next time our eyes meet,
you want my vision too?
You share my dreams and want to build on them.

I wish..


No comments:

Post a Comment